Wednesday, November 22, 2006

can free beer be as exciting as eternal glory?


Almost!

Last week (I've been busy...) witnessed a record placing for the Glorious Axis. For those of you haven't been following our fortunes on a weekly basis (shame on you) that's second. Yup, the first loser. Still if being a loser involves free beer then I guess I'm a loser. No, hang on...

Anyway.

As there are preparations to be made for tonight's statistically likely victory, this will be a very short entry. Last week's most notable occurrence (other than our near victory - two points!) was the appearance of Samin's father, Alan. This is him:



















Nice chap. Bought a couple of rounds of drinks. Not really as grumpy as he looks. I think he got a question right. Don't remember which one. He seemed impressed with my Nancy Pelosi knowledge.

Enough about Alan.

Oh, we also very nearly aced (47 from 48) the film picture round.

Anyway, long story short, we came second. Tonight we expect to win. I'll be back in touch tomorrow with the news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home